Here are some ideas how you can get involved with World Diabetes Day to help raise awareness:
- Organise a diabetes information session for residents in your community
- Organise a ‘Learn about diabetes’ event in schools or through online learning platforms
- Exercise in blue
- Help people learn their potential risk of type 2 diabetes (Learn how our DARA solution can help)
- Organise a themed activity with your healthcare team
- Arrange an activity with your work colleagues
- Promote the blue circle selfie app
- Support World Diabetes Day on Social Media – The official hashtags of the campaign are: #WorldDiabetesDay and #NursesMakeTheDifference
- Use the hashtags and be creative! You could take a picture of you and your friends using the hashtags in a fun way. A great way to do this would be to print them out on a small cardboard sign.
- Get involved in the International Diabetes Federation’s social media activity for World Diabetes Day 2020 by liking, sharing or retweeting what they do
Read: How to enable your patients to understand and manage risk for diabetes?